Re: Do we really need to observe CFHT's D1 field at CTIO?

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 15:11:44 PDT

    Two quick comments before I return to proposal-writing hell:

    Julien said "we will have "25" without giving any units. Does this mean
    25 hrs are available? He said they were in the queue starting at
    midnight. The field can only be observed until about 2:30 am. So over 4
    nights the maximum time the field can be observed is 2.5*4 = 10 hours
    (which would be enough).

    I think it is critical for Julien to clarify this question of how much
    observing time is available for the 14h+05d field at CFHT in the next 4
    nights.

    The official forecast for Mauna Kea tonight is for patchy fog at the
    summit and variable high cirrus, sometimes thick. This doesn't sound
    very "clear."

    - Greg