Re: PAPER on 99ac

From: Saul Perlmutter (S_Perlmutter@lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 09:58:41 PST

    Hi Gabriele,
        Let's see-- I'm still trying to make sense of this sentence about
    optical depth (the problem is that "according to e-folding velocity"
    doesn't really mean what I think you might mean). Is the following
    version correct? And if so, what goes in the space where I wrote [????]?

    "Optical depth scales exponentially with velocity, $tau \propto e^{-v_e}$, where $v_{e}$
    is defined as [????] and cannot exceed a maximum velocity given by
    $v_{max}$."

    After we finish up with this sentence, and if everything else looks
    right to you, then send the paper to Tony to post it on the collab web
    page, and he'll send out the request to the collaboration for them to
    read it (I'll talk to the scpexec tomorrow).
    Good work! --Saul