Re: PAPER on 99ac

From: Gabriele Garavini (garavini@in2p3.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 02:35:51 PST

    Hi Saul,

    I think the exact formula is the following:

    tau=tau_vmin*exp((v_min-v)/v_e)

    tau is then set to zero for v > v_max

    tau_vmin, v_min, v_e, v_max are input parameters.

    I would state this in the following manner:

    The parameters $v_{phot}$ and $T_{bb}$ set the velocity and blackbody
    continuum temperature of the photosphere, respectively. For each ion,
    optical depth $\tau$ at the minimum ejection velocity $v_{min}$ is
    specified. Optical depth scales exponentially with velocity according
    to the $e$-folding velocity parameter $v_{e}$, and is considered to be
    zero for velocity greater than $v_{max}$. If $v_{min} > v_{phot}$ for
    an ion, we refer to the ion as ``detached.''

    I will send the new draft to Tony later today.

    Cheers
    Gabriele