Lifan's spectrum

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 05:18:43 PST

     From his latet's plot, I agree that the R and I magnitudes could be
    consistent.

    However, it's still not clear to me that it's all based on the features.
    It still just looks like he's chosen his continuum normalization
    differently-- applying the function that pushes it a little up here, a
    little down there, in comparison to what Serena did.

    This is a case where one might do *better* to include higher-redshift
    supernovae (i.e. up to 0.1), because you can break some of the
    degeneracy that adding different broad wiggles into the spectrum. I'm
    not sure if the way that Serena and I did this really takes care of
    that. (I did it iteratively by fitting colors, making an uberspectrum,
    using those for K-corrections, and repeating.)