Re: K-corr

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 17:46:03 PST

    On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:35:34PM -0800, Lifan Wang wrote:

    > You are half right as it is both the problem of the feature (around 7000
    > in particular) and the color. What I show in the plot are just the
    > observed spectra scaled by a constant to match your spectral template with
    > a number of observed spectra.
    >
    > May be all the observations are wrong ? (which is possible as the
    > calibrations may all be wrong).

    I don't understand the second paragraph at all. Which observations are
    you talking about?

    What do you get when you integrate your spectra through the R and I band
    filters? I expect it will be rather different from what you get from
    Serena's template-- and that's going to be the dominant reason for
    different K-corrections.

    We then need to ask which R-I color better matches observed R-I colors
    of supernovae. I can already tell you that Serena's do match (see her
    paper), probably better than my template matches.