Re: K-corr

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 17:23:37 PST

    On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:47:08PM -0800, Lifan Wang wrote:
    > Hi, Chris,
    >
    > No, my K-Corr are from over 500 real SN spectra. 94D was used for
    > light curve template.
    >
    > The difference is caused by the spectral templates - I do not
    > believe the so called ueber spectra reflects any real SN in the I-band.
    >
    > The attached figure compares Serena's uber spectrum at day 0 with
    > a number of around max SNe.

    Looking at this figure, the problem is clearly not the features. The
    problem is the coloring of the continuum-- and it's not obvious to me
    that what you did is better than what Serena did.

    Assuming that your spectrum for K-corrections is the red one (is that
    what it is?), you've got very different R-I colors just in the level of
    the continuum.

    Given that: how did you decide the colors to normalize this to? Did you
    use 94D for everything? How do 94D's colors compare to everything else?

    Remember that Serena careful normalized her colors using a procedure
    documented in her previous paper. Please tell us how you normalized
    your colors and ensured that the photometric integratons were right.