K-corrections

From: Serena Nobili (serena@physto.se)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 04:06:42 PST

    Dear Lifan,

    given the disagreement you pointed out between your and my K-corrections
    it would be nice to try to find out what is going on. As I recall it, you
    said the differences were only above redshift 0.07, is this correct? I
    send you as attachment K-corrections I computed using my spectral
    templates (which you find in the Stockholm web page:
    http://www.physto.se/~snova/private/templates/snflux_1a_serena.dat.gz ) as
    a function of time for some relevant redshift (z=0.01,0.05,0.08). Also, it
    would be nice to understand what spectra you are using for computing the
    K-corrections (perhaps we could start with a list of them).

    Meanwhile, can you provide me with a list of SNe that you have in the
    Hubble diagram and their fitted Imax? This way I can check why I seem to
    get a larger dispersion than you.
    Thank you for your help.
    Cheers

        Serena

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Serena Nobili wrote:

    >2) Lifan computes different K-corrections than I. We should try to
    > compare them and figure out why there are differences. Serena uses
    > the spectral templates published in Nobili et al 2003. Lifan uses a
    > sample of nearby spectral templates for which he computes the
    > K-corrs and average them out. Lifan will try to compare them.
    > As Ariel pointed out, we would like to use templates for computing
    > K-corrections, as this is used for the high-z SNe, in order not to
    > treat them differently.

    www.physto.se/~serena
    Tel +46 8 55378661

    Give free food at: