Re: new paper

From: Alex Conley (aconley@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 11:16:41 PST

    > Does this applies to all BVRI filters?

    It applies to UBVRI if they follow the Bessel passbands.

    > what is the color code in this plot? I could not figure it out. Anyway I
    > see that the effect is very small, which is expected since both observed
    > and restframe filters are in the "wrong" units, so the total effect is
    > probably averaged out. This gives me confidence in the fact that this is
    > probably not going to change the results of the paper.

    Sorry. What is shown is Kold - Knew (recall that K is subtracted from the
    magnitudes to get the correct one). The linestyles represent different
    redshifts, as in the legend. The blue line is the rest frame B band and
    the red line is the rest frame V band. As you can see, the B band is
    affected considerably more than the V band.