Re: Colors of our knots and such

From: Bahram Mobasher (mobasher@stsci.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 17:03:17 PDT

    Hi Saul

    No, I did not disagree with Rob's magnitudes. The magnitudes
    are different because using the ground-based data, as we did
    before, the knots will be blended and we cannot get
    magnitudes for individual knots. Here, we get the magnitudes
    for each knot by using the ACS data only but the constrain
    on SED would be weaker since we don't use the ground-based
    data (i.e. the near-IR). The magnitudes I estimated for each
    knot is, within the 95% confidence interval of the previous
    estimates and hence, do not disagree with those estimates.
    As I told Rob over the phone, a good way to improve these
    estimates is to obtain NICMOS data for these objects before
    doing the grism spectra. This way, we could combine the ACS
    and NICMOS data to put stronger constraints on the SEDs and
    hence, improve the accuracy of our phot-z.

    cheers

    Bahram