Re: tile distribution plan

From: Rachel A. Gibbons (ragibbons@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 09:57:05 PDT

  • Next message: Saul Perlmutter: "Here's what I just sent to Adam and Lou about divying up the tiles...[Fwd: Impressions of first couple of months? And tile divying...]"

        I fly out today and won't be reachable if for some reason there should
    be further discussion with Adam, so I don't want to be the point of
    contact on this. Since we're offering 1/2 a field of search area more
    than Adam thought was reasonable, he shouldn't reject the plan.

        One may think it's silly to give Adam prio on more than he asked for,
    but the numbers are fair. Still, if you're considering going with the
    integer 10/5 split instead, flip a coin for which to send. Heads, 9.5/5.5
    split, tails 10/5 split.

        I just flipped - it's heads.

        Please send the plan with a short explanation.

        Have a nice holiday weekend. Rob and I will be working I'm afraid,
    but who wants to "enjoy" the outdoors on 4th of July weekend in
    swamp-world. I'd rather stay in the air conditioned office.

    Ciao,

    Rachel

    --
    Dr. R. A. Gibbons