scanning update

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 07:41:55 PDT

    I still think we're on track for early afternoon scanning (PST) today.

    However, things are going a wee bit slowly. I'm redoing all of the
    subtractions from last time so that we'll have things with good
    zeropoints and aperture corrections to do previous-epoch comparisons
    with. (The acsapr-test ones are probably already right, but I'm being
    anal and sure.)

    Meanwhile, IRAF is a huge, cantangerous, unstable pain in the butt. I'm
    extremely grateful that Rachel has taken the time to learn and
    understand multidrizzle as well has she has. Without that, this search
    wouldn't be happening.... I know that all of my work on searchscan and
    such is more visible, but the truth is that Rachel has been doing as
    muchor more more work in figuring out how to get these ACS images into
    something that I can subtract, in addition to the planning and
    simulations and such that she did a while back.

    However, all is going well, and I *think* lots of stuff will be ready
    for scanning by this afternoon. However, we're not *terribly* time
    crunched yet, as all but two or three of the fields will be in by today,
    and we can come in and scan tomorrow (Saturday) morning if necessary.
    As such, neither Rachel nor I will be staying up all night tonight in
    case more hitches do come up.

    (After I subtract things but before I give them out to scan, Rachel and
    I will go through and verify that coordinates and zeropoints are good.
    This too will take time.)