Re: our supernova, acs04-076

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 00:06:12 PDT

    Hi,
    I posted simulated lightcurves in J & H for z=1.6. Indeed everything
    looks consistent with a SN1a on the declining side.
    See figs 21 & 22 at
    http://www.physto.se/~snova/private/2004hst/snoc_simulations.htm
    Ariel

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Rachel A. Gibbons wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Tony noticed that in my previous e-mail the days past discovery should
    > read
    >
    > 1) 9 days (~3.5 rest frame days)
    >
    > 2) 13 days (~5 rest frame days).
    >
    > However, my conclusions are based on the correct scaling. Also, to be
    > precise, the data are consistent with discovery at rest B max. Sorry for
    > any confusion.
    >
    > Rachel
    >
    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Rachel A. Gibbons wrote:
    >

    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > It would appear our data are completely consistent with a supernova at
    > > z=1.6 which was discovered at rest-frame optical maximum.
    > >
    > > Here's an update from the first round of follow-up ACS and NICMOS
    > > photometry :
    > >
    > > 1) The discovery z' magnitude was z'=25.1 and 12 days later z'=25.5.
    > >
    > > 2) 16 days after discovery, the new J and H magnitudes are 24.37 and
    > > 24.03.
    > >
    > > All mags quoted here are Vega.
    > >
    > > The remainder of the follow-up observations for this candidate will be
    > > in J & H and will extend through 23 May (yes, that's during the next
    > > search run).
    > >
    > > It's unfortunate we're following it on the decline, but it's looking
    > > good! Hooray!
    > >
    > > Rachel
    > >
    > > PS Sorry, no news yet to report on the grism data, except that we have it
    > > and they pointed HST at the right part of the sky.

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601