Re: I'm puzzled about

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 21:06:28 PDT

    Sorry, I hit send while still typing the message!

    The question was about 002: Why do you think that Adam is right on
    this one, given Vitaliy's message from 3:30 pm this afternoon:
    _________

    Yes, there was 1 cosmic ray in the individual images, but the other 3 were
    giving a consistent magnitude. There was at least one such case for
    Adams last year candidates, therefore such objects were kept. The ref
    structure is ugly of course.

    vitaliy

    ..From this it looks like it is a real candidate which is slightly enhanced by one of the images having a cosmic ray in it. Note that we also saw it on the I band image (Adam didn't.)