Note on re-saving candidates under new names: don't do it\

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 06:10:10 PDT

    A comment from Vitaily re: acs04-141 on the Wiki page:

       acs04-175 This is the I-band cousin of the number 141. Saved
       separately to get to know the ref/new files information T

    This is NOT necessary except in those casese where the original
    coordinate was very wrong, and should not be done because it only
    enhances confusion.

    All you have to do is save it again as an *old* candidate under the same
    name. Then go to the SNTrak page for the candidate (which is listed
    from the candidate's individual Wiki page (which, incidentally, is where
    I had thought we were going to put all the text that is going on the
    main candidates page!)), ask for "Subtractions", and you will see a
    block of info for *each* time the candidate was saved, including a link
    to the Tiles Postscript file.

    The ONLY time an old candidate should be saved under a new name is for
    those early candidates where there was a serious coordinate error in the
    Z-band subtractions. Otherwise, please don't do this, as it only causes
    confusion.