Re: subaru images

From: Vitaliy Fadeyev (VAFadeyev@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 21:57:32 PST

    Hi All,

    following Greg's suggestion to estimate the depth of Subaru observations,
    I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations relative to the GOODS data.

    It looks like for new Subaru data 3-sigma limit corresponds to 26.3 (Vega-I),
    and 5-sigma limit to 25.7.

    As a cross-check, for the Subaru data taken last year, 3-sigma limit is 26.7,
    and 5-sigma 26.1. I remember today Tony mentioned somebody elses evaluation
    of Subaru'03 depth, but do not recall the value. Even if I got some normalization
    off, it looks like the new data are 0.4 mag less deep that the last year's.

    Cheers,
    vitaliy