Re: [Fwd: Subaru data]

From: Vitaliy Fadeyev (VAFadeyev@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 16:35:55 PST

    > The orientations I need are ON THE SKY for EACH chip, not relative to
    > the ACS data.

    > I also need a summary of what images are there and what is what. What
    > are the units of the image? Counts, electrons, counts/sec, or what?
    > Does the gain appear to be 1? Is the header WCS right?

    Everything (GOODs tiles, Subaru'03 united, Subaru'04 individual chips)
    seems to be oriented in the same way, with North up and East left.
    GOODs tiles and Subaru'03 united are very close to each other in pointing,
    sub-1" difference. Subaru'04 pointing is off by several arcseconds.
    This is verified for chips "a" thru "e". I will go over the rest as well.

    The Subaru'03 data are in the following directory:
    /autofs/astro80/u/fadeyev/acs2004search/Subaru03

    Could not figure out the units in those files (they are surfaced and coadded).

    What else do I look for in the Subaru data?

    vitaliy