LOKI

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:11:07 PST

        An excerpt from an e-mail I sent yesterday :

    "We should make sure the subtractions (Feb search) show
    Sedna. This is a clear event with an IAU designation
    (2003ba). Loki on the other hand, does not have one - if
    what the figures shown on the web page is correct, there
    ain't much there."

        From the GOODS transient page :

    LOKI n2z26_2290_3570 SN 2003N 12:37:09.06 62:11:00.7 25.9+/-0.3 increasing

        Notice the SN designation is not an IAU number.
    Someone could check their circular if they wanted.

        Also see :

    http://www.stsci.edu/science/goods/transients/loki.html

        I didn't expect this event to be found. I will put this
    sort of info on the wiki from now on, and this is a good
    example of why it's useful if we use it!

        ALSO, scanners should be doing some of this research
    themselves...