Re: *** search begins early 02 April ***

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 10:29:51 PST

    > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 10:08:59AM -0800, Tony Spadafora wrote:
    > > Hi Rachel,
    > >
    > > Is this much of a problem? This means we don't get an early start on
    > > April 1 so the subtraction has one day less, but I assume the overall
    > > schedule is not affected - right?
    >
    > This is good, actually -- I was afraid that we weren't going to get data
    > until April 4. I'm happy with getting it on April 2.
    >
    > Besides, I wouldn't trust data that came in on April Fool's Day....
    >
    > -Rob

        Good point :).

        To answer Tony's question regarding the rest of the
    schedule, no, this doesn't change anything else.

        Also, remember initially the search was going to begin 2
    April, but then Bill had managed to expand the window to
    include 1 April... before this came up, of course. Anyway,
    I agree with Rob, we have plenty of time as long as the data
    are taken early on in the new window. Bill says we're first
    in line once the servicing is complete.

        However, we should discuss with Bill and Adam how soon
    we'll have the data after it's taken. We've gotten
    assurances it will happen quickly - but has anyone heard
    anything less vague? Rob, I know you were speaking with
    Adam about getting data pushed over. I've asked Bill about
    how this will occur, but he was dealing with more urgent
    matters at the time and I don't recall that he responded to
    this specifically.

    Rachel