Re: mags

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 14:27:14 PST

    Ariel,

            Using Rob's templates :

    Type Ia at -7 (rest) has :

             F850LP F775W
    z z'_AB z'_vega i'_AB i'_vega
    ---- ----- ------- ----- -------
    1.50 25.2 24.6 26.0 25.6
    1.20 24.5 23.9 25.0 24.6
    0.85 23.8 23.2 24.0 23.6

            Limiting magnitudes for the search images should be
    approximately as follows :

                         F850LP F775W
                     z'_AB z'_vega i'_AB i'_vega
     3 sigma limit : 26.7 26.1 26.8 26.4
    10 sigma limit : 25.3 24.7 25.4 25.0

    N.b.,

    assumed are average background conditions, and exposure
    times of 4x400s in z' and 1x400s in i'.

    also,
    z'_AB - z'_vega = 0.550
    i'_AB - i'_vega = 0.413