Re: Vallery's analysis of grism spectra (fwd)

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 21:08:23 PST

    Hi Chris,

    > I went through several reductions as I discovered better ways to reduce the data.

            Yes, I did as well and can say my reductions are
    also final.

    > I do not know how up to date the data on the spectroscopic web page are, but you get
    > the latest (and I am very much hoping final) reductions at
    >
    > http://www.sc.eso.org/~clidman/

            OK, thanks very much. I'll have a look tomorrow.

            For now, I've attached a plot that's been sitting on
    my screen all day and I'm only now getting back to it!
    I've compared Vallery's reduction of our data, which
    reproduces my results from last summer very well. The
    reductions for SuF02-012 look nearly spot on, but there are
    some differences (in the noise however) between the
    SuF02-060 reductions. I'm quite certain this is because the
    extraction direction is well off (pixel) axis in this case,
    and therefore differences are showing up in how the flux
    from each pixel has been distributed over wavelength.

            I'll look at the ground-based spectra in the morning
    and provide that plot as well for completeness. And will
    say at that point about Lifan's fits to the grism data.

    More soon,

    Rachel