[Re: HST LRP assumptions about 9727 & 9728 execution in 2004]

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 16:27:48 PST

    This is a message I just sent as it appears things are snowballing
    forward.

    ----- Forwarded message from "Robert A. Knop Jr." <robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu> -----

    Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:25:45 -0600
    From: "Robert A. Knop Jr." <robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu>
    To: adam riess <ariess@stsci.edu>
    Cc: jordan@stsci.edu, williamj@stsci.edu, hstserch@lbl.gov
    Subject: Re: HST LRP assumptions about 9727 & 9728 execution in 2004

    On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 07:22:43PM -0500, adam riess wrote:
    > Ian,Bill,
    >
    > To know if this will work we
    > need to see/check the orients allowed
    > over this range. The issue would be the 4th epoch which may not be available
    > at 0,45,90,135,180,etc degrees orient with only +/-5 degree tolerance.
    >

    > Also, are the visibilities okay?

    One other worry-- the Feb 23 to Mar 7 gap will be a serious problem for
    follow-up of supernovae discovered in a Jan 11 search. (I don't know
    what cadence of follow-up Adam has in his program, but it would
    interfere with the plans that we have in ours.) I would like us to
    explore the possibility of moving everything back so that the first
    activation was on March 11, and another activation was added at the same
    spacing after the last one. How would observability be for these fields
    into the beginning of Sepetember (which is where follow-up would extened
    if we don't start until March 11)?

    ----- End forwarded message -----

    -- --Prof. Robert Knop Department of Physics & Astronomy, Vanderbilt University robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu