Re: lightcurve simulations

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 04:56:56 PST

    Hi -- I just want to note that I think we're spending too much effort on
    this at this point. We've been doing this for weeks, and I believe we
    know the answer. Stockholm has sent us numbers before, and Rachel has
    sent us numbers. I'd be very surprised if we learn anything new that's
    worth a lot of additional time. I like the plan of getting 4 lightcurve
    points in z and 3 lightcurve points in J; that seems like a reasonable
    one based on what we've looked at. Let's move forward!

    It's more important to figure out how many grism orbits we really need.
    Unless that has been figured out, I believe that's the main thing
    holding us up.

    We can't afford to delay building the RPS2 and the plan for followup any
    longer on wanting to continue lightcurve simulations. We need to get
    that plan in! A month ago! Let's not wait for the results of more
    simulations before doing that. Let's get working on that. Doing the
    simulations is good, but let's please not use it as an excuse to hold
    off putting together the RPS2.

    -Rob