Re: Optimization of observations for the HST search

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 00:40:15 PDT

    Hi Vitaliy,

    your results seem consistant with what Jakob, Vallery and I have
    been looking at in Stockholm. However, we have also randomized
    the points according to measurement error and noticed that, not only
    is the width of the fitted stretch about 0.1 but the distribution
    of fitted lightcurves is also biased by a comparable amount. The stretch
    and date of maximum are tightly correlated, see attached figure.
    The one thing that is not 100% "right" in our simulations is
    that we did not use *exactly* the same template in the simulation
    and SNminuit.
    Ariel

    Ariel Goobar (www.physto.se/~ariel)
    Department of Physics, Stockholm University
    AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
    tel: +46 8 55378659 fax: +46 8 55378601