Re: new maillist for HST search group

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 09:20:40 PDT

    On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:03:22AM -0700, Don Groom wrote:
    > Tony,
    >
    > I do suggest that you remove 'panisse.' from the handful of address which
    > show it. That's a mail handler, subject to change.

    Tony, don't do this.

    The "@panisse.lbl.gov" addresses are in general different from the "@lbl.gov"
    addresses, and as such if you remove the "panisse" the addresses will
    fail to work.

    panisse is not comparable to mh1 because the SCP controls panisse,
    whereas you are subject to the mercy of the computing center with mh1.
    As such, we can always make sure that we've got a panisse running a mail
    server or forwarding addresses properly. It should be safe to use
    panisse addresses.