Re: NICMOS SNRs to start

From: Rachel G. (gibbo@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 18:12:24 PDT

    Just a few more details concerning the table I sent:

    e = early-type, i.e., no extinction
    s = late-type, for which I assumed E(B-V)=0.1

    NJ = NIC2/F110W
    NH = NIC2/F160W (low-sky orientation)

    Furthermore, I used the following orbit to exposure time
    conversion:

       # time
    -- - ----
    NJ 1 2048s
    NJ 2 4096s
    NH 1 1845s
    NH 2 3690s

    Finally (as one can see) I've assumed
    for a E/S0 host, 5 total orbits for the lightcurve before final refs
    for a late-type host, 12 total orbits for the lightcurve before final refs

    I'm set up to quickly do SNR calculations for any other orbit scenario.