snmin

From: Don Groom (deg@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 12:54:45 PDT

    innards of snmin.

    Changes have been committed to the cvs repository for snmin. You should
    get your code from this source ("cvs checkout snmin"). I won't deal with
    private versions of the code. Of course you can commit your own further
    revisions, but I would really like to know about it.

    Main changes:

    1. In snmin_xterm (terminal graphics), snmin_pscr ("expert" ps file), and
    snmin_ill (file for editing in Adobe Illustrator for talks or
    publications), the flux scale was changed to -50 to 200 (left) and 200 to
    800 (right). The division between them was moved a little to the left.
    This is in agreement with versions I upgraded for unused graphics for
    Rob's paper, but Alex nationalized an older version.

    2. The default Control file line for 't of max' was changed to have limits
    -100. and 100. After these hundreds of SNe, Natalia found a case where 't
    of max' ran away. Since it is inconceivable that t should be this far from
    the maximum data values, this should be a transparent change. (The user,
    of course, is expected to edit the default Control file, generated in case
    snmin can't find one already there.)

    UNFOUND BUG:
    The flux (cum magnitude) error band shown for the *first* lightcurve
    in the command file (Color 1) is nutty. This was evidently introduced
    in Alex's upgrade, and isn't in snmin02. In any case, the flux error
    band is used ONLY for graphics; the error on the Vert scl 1 comes from
    the fit, not this calculation. Spooky. I didn't find it in a couple of
    hours yesterday, and Alex can't run the code from a foreign country. I'll
    get back to it soon.

    Don

    PS And a reminder: templates, kcorr's, and other things with an observed
    or rest frame time axis go from -50 to 300 days, or 331 elements in such
    arrays. If you want to change this, allow yourself a couple of weeks.

    Don Groom (Particle Data Group, Supernova Cosmology Project)
    DEGroom(at)lbl(dot)gov www-ccd.lbl.gov 510/486-6788 FAX: 510/486-4799
    Analog: 50R6008//1 Cyclotron Road//Berkeley Lab//Berkeley, CA 94720-8166