Topics for Jun 3-4 SCP Collaboration meeting

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 10:54:00 PDT

    SCP collaborators,

    We are preparing the agenda for the upcoming Jun 3-4 SCP collaboration
    meeting. In discussions at SCP exec meetings, we came up with the
    following topics for discussion. No doubt, there are other topics
    people would like to present - if you'd like time on the agenda, please
    let me know. For those listed below, I'd appreciate it if people
    confirm that they can report as listed below.

    As we did last year, we ask people to post an analysis note a week or
    so before the meeting (by Fri May 27) on the TWiki:
    http://supernova.lbl.gov:8080/twiki/bin/view/Main/AnalysisNotes
    (see http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/ if you haven't used the TWiki
    before)
    Description of the data and analysis methods should be in the note,
    which you can assume people will have read in advance. Presentations
    can then go right to the important questions or conclusions. We found
    last year that this made better use of the limited discussion time and
    made the meeting much more productive. Last year's notes are available
    at http://supernova.lbl.gov/collab/collabnotes/collab_mtg_jul04/

    We'll plan for a video presentation for any of you who won't be able
    to attend in person.

    TOPICS JUN 3-4 MEETING:
    Analysis reports on SCP datasets:
            99 data photometry (Marek)
            Albinoni (Vitaliy)
            2001 SNe (Rahman)
            2002 SNe (Kyle, Gerson, Vitaliy)
            ACS 2004 search (Rachel)
            ACS GOODS: SN rates (Natalia)
            ACS GOODS: Reanalysis of Riess et al. SNe (Ariel)
            Spectroscopy analyses (Eric, others?)
            Ideas for new papers on SCP datasets (Chris?)

    Ongoing Projects:
            SNLS - (Marek, Reynald)
            HST Cluster search (TBD)

    Analysis Tools and Techniques:
            K-correction tools (Rollin)
            u-band templates (TBD)
            CMAGIC: recent progress (Mark Strovink)
            CMAGIC: multicolor analysis (Gerson)
            Tutorial on Lightcurve software for ACS (Rahman)
            Tutorial on ACS search software (Natalia)

    Other topics from the Stockholm group?
    New developments in SN cosmology from other projects(???)
    New ideas for future work.

    If we've missed people or topics, please let me know. We hope to have a
    draft agenda in the next week or so.

    -Tony