Re: SCP Teleconference Sat Nov 6

From: rcthomas@lbl.gov
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 14:31:32 PST

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Tony Spadafora wrote:

    > There will be an SCP collaboration teleconference meeting: Sat Nov 6,
    > 11:45 pm LBL (1:45 PM Vanderbilt, 4:45 PM Chile, 7:45 PM UK, 8:45 PM
    > Europe)

    > 12:10 (10'+5') New k-correction tool (Rollin)

    Since I am no Orson Welles, I would prefer to have people see the code
    demonstration rather than have them listen to a gripping account of the
    events on my screen. Hence, at least one person per location that is
    interested should install "vnc" on a computer -- the client at least,
    and set up a projector so that others present might comfortably observe.

    Vanderbilt can just dselect vnc and install it; I have never had trouble
    with the Debian/stable one and I imagine unstable is okay too. Our
    friends in Chile also should be familiar with the vnc client. For
    the other locations, contact me if you have questions regarding the
    installation of the vnc client on your machines.

    I will provide you with a server name and password on Saturday so you
    can connect. If anyone wants to test beforehand, let me know.

    Rollin

    Dr. R. C. Thomas
    Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
    1 Cyclotron Road MS 50R5008