preliminary agenda for SCP collaboration meeting

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 18:40:07 PDT

    SCP collaborators:

    Attached is schematic block schedule for the upcoming SCP Collaboration
    meeting, July 22-24.

    This is a first draft that has been worked out by the SCP executive
    committee. We've assigned names to topics we know individuals are
    working on. If others would also like to speak in one of the sessions,
    please let me know. We'll work out a detailed agenda in the coming
    week.

    The general idea in preparing the agenda was to cover in depth 3-4
    topics each day. For each topic, we start with a brief "data-set
    report" followed by a presentation on a general analysis issue that is
    related to the work on the data-set. The main part of the topic's
    time is then devoted to an open working session on the issues involved
    in analyzing this data.

    Because we want to use most of the time for discussing the key issues
    in completing the various analyses, we ask the "data-set reports" be
    kept brief and that presenters prepare a WRITTEN ANALYSIS NOTE with
    the details, to be available WEDNESDAY JULY 14. We know this means a
    little extra work for people - but having these notes available in
    advance ( with enough time for people to read them before the meeting)
    will make the working sessions *much* more productive. Summary of
    facts about the dataset (number of supernovae, observations, etc.) are
    best put in the analysis note so the presentations can instead focus on
    the main issues.

    Comments, suggestions (and feedback of any sort) are welcome. A web
    page for the meeting will be set up in the next day or so.

    -Tony

    Tony Spadafora ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
    Physics Division Tel: (510) 495-2316
    Lawrence Berkeley National Lab FAX: (510) 486-6738
    1 Cyclotron Road BLDG 50R5032
    Berkeley, CA 94720-8160