final ref. obs. with Suprime-Cam

From: Mamoru Doi (mdoi@subaru.naoj.org)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 09:00:17 PDT

    Hello,

    Tonight was the first night for final ref.
    obs. of the SXDS (2002-fall) field with Suprime-Cam.

    Unfortunately we lost 60% of telescope time by
    high humidity, and then we suffered
    from poor seeing.

    SXDS_center i'-band 5700sec 0.9-1.3"
    SXDS_west i'-band 2940sec 1.1-1.3"

    Fortunately the observatory team took the following
    i' exposures on Sep.22 and Oct.2.
    The seeing was about 0.6", though sky was partially hazy
    on Oct.2.

    SXDS_north 5760sec
    SXDS_south 6540sec
    SXDS_east 7260sec

    Tomorrow is the last night for us to take
    the final ref. images of the SXDS (at least) in this
    season.

    We hoped that we can take 10000sec i'-band images in
    SXDS_center, east, west and north with seeing of <0.8".
    But probably what we can get will be less both in
    exposure time and quality.

    We first concentrate on SXDS_center where we can
    take refs. for 12 of 18 SNe which we reported to the
    IAUC.

    -Mamoru

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy