Re: SN 1998ax

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 06:43:53 PDT

    On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 06:37:19AM -0700, Peter Nugent wrote:
    > I think the fact that the lightcurve looks like a IIP is what got us
    > looking at it in detail.

      ?????

    Huh?

    Look at the "Submission Candidate 3" draft. Bottom row of Figure 1.
    That's 1998ax. This looks like a marvelous fit to a Ia lightcurve, and
    doesn't look IIp-ish to me at *all*.

    The one that looked like it had a IIp lightcurve was 988 (SN1998bb). We
    have HST data on that, but I haven't done anything with it in over a
    year because the lightcurve is clearly not Ia.