Re: hi-z team paper out

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 17:36:32 PDT

    On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:07:26PM -0700, Alex Conley wrote:
    > Well, we lost the race to get Rob's paper submitted before the hi-z
    > team one came out (at least on astro-ph). As of a few minutes ago
    > it is available as astro-ph/0305008. Probably worth a serious read...

    Bloody stinking dammit!!!!!!

    General note: we're going to submit our paper in days. NOBODY READ THIS
    PAPER AND TELL ME A DAMN THING ABOUT IT UNTIL THEN. I just don't want
    to know. I don't want to get us into an endless cycle of "oh, but we
    had better answer this!" from that paper.

    If that kind of junk starts, it's going to push us off weeks more. And
    I preemptively dismiss the argument that "oh, now we didn't get it
    submitted before theirs came out, what can another couple of weeks
    hurt?" Every DAY later in submission date hurts us now!!!