Re: HST paper - high-redshift stretch-luminosity relation

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 11:43:35 PDT

    Hi Alex,

    Well, the history here is a little odd: The residuals I have are only
    for Fit 3 of the paper. This fit excludes reddened SNe, so it excludes
    two Riess SNe (as well as two Hamuy SNe and one new HST SN). However,
    in the stretch-luminosity plot I sent, most of the useful Riess SNe
    were in fact included. It is just that several more of them could have
    been included in the extinction-corrected stretch-luminosity plot if
    I had those residuals.

    Unfortunately, I don't have the residuals for Rob's
    extinction-corrected fits. I just hacked something together using the
    residuals without extinction correction along with the E(B-V)'s from
    the paper. So for the extinction-correction case, what I showed was
    somewhat incomplete. I would suggest waiting on the
    extinction-corrected ideogram until we can get the residuals from Rob.
    (Note that I have examined the ideogram without extinction correction.
    I find that both high and low redshifts show a tail on the faint side
    and a mode that is brighter than the mean. This is most likely a dust
    signature.)

    - Greg