CMB redshift problems -- bad values from Alex C.?

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 07:30:09 PDT

    We asserted in P99 that we used CMB redshifts, rather than heliocentric
    redshifts. And, indeed, some of the low-z redshifts in the
    latest_sne.dat file that I think we used for fits in that paper are
    slightly different from the heliocentric redshifts values in the
    supernovae.dat file I inherited from (I think) Don.

    However, they are *also* different from the CMB redshfit values in the
    Gnumeric spreadsheet Alex C. sent me.

    Clearly something is wrong somewhere. Do we really know how fast our
    galaxy is moving relative to the CMB that much better now than we did
    four years ago? (That would mightily surprise me.) Were the CMB
    calculations used in P99 wrong? Or are Alex's calculations on his
    spreadsheet wrong?

    This needs to get resolved (along with the issue in the previous E-mail)
    soon.