Re: Intrinsic U-B from spectra of HST 11?

From: Peter Nugent (nugent@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 10:34:36 PDT

    > For Peter in particular, can the spectra rule-out (or rule-in) SNe with
    > intrinsic U-B that deviates from the Jha U-B vs. stretch relation?

    97ek - Lots of host galaxy contamination.
    97eq - Spectrum doesn't go blue enough.
    97ez - Could be on the blue side, but I'd have to know the date of max wrt
           the spectrum to make any statement.
    98as - Spectrum doesn't go blue enough.
    98aw - Spectrum doesn't go blue enough.
    98ax - Too little S/N.
    98ay - Shaky Ia spectral classification to begin with...
    98ba - Spectrum doesn't go blue enough.
    98be - Too little S/N, way too much galaxy.
    98bi - Could be on the blue side, but I'd have to know the date of max wrt
           the spectrum to make any statement.
    00fr - This is a nice spectrum! Early and very similar to 90N at the same
           phase. 90N had a slightly blue intrinsic (U-B) for it's stretch by
           -0.2 mag +/- 0.1.

    BTW we took two epochs of a V-band imaging with WFPC of 2000fr with HST so
    we can say exactly what was going on in U-band. But at z = 0.54 we don't
    get any contamination from U in the first place in our R-band obs so this
    would only be of interest in looking at systematic trends, not in
    correcting the data.

    Cheers,

    Peter

    --
    Peter E. Nugent
    Staff Computational Scientist - Scientific Computing Group - NERSC