HST calibration

From: Greg Aldering (aldering@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:32:32 PST

    Dear SCPer's

    Those of you who are working on HST data may be interested in papers from
    calibration workshop held last October. The papers are available at
    www.stsci.edu/hst/HST_overview/documents/calworkshop/workshop2002/CW2002_TableOfContents

    For example, there is a paper on the significant low-order corrections to the
    ACS laboratory flat-fields ("L-flats") which may be relavent for our ACS data.
    Likewise, there is a paper on the red sensitivity of ACS/WFC discussing the
    strong color term in the F850LP filter (which we used) and giving improved
    sensitivity data which we will need for ACS K-corrections. The photometric
    calibration of NICMOS is discussed, including new measurements after the
    last servicing mission, including wavelength-dependent aperture corrections.
    There are also WFPC2 papers which we may wish to review in connection with
    the current and future HST papers.

    HST is offering hardcopies by request at help@stsci.edu. The volume is
    entitled "2002 HST Calibration Workshop - Hubble after the Installation
    of the ACS and the NICMOS Cooling System". Tony, would you please
    request a copy for us at LBL?

    Cheers,

    Greg