Re: "Error floor"

From: Lifan Wang (lifan@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 21:22:30 PST

    Just explain why a star which does not have the unfortunate history of
    been observed as a supernova at max may have a better chance of getting smaller
    errors by increasing the exposure time whereas such luck is impossible for a
    supernova that was discovered and observed well at max.

    This sort of error correlation is wierd at least, and is in contradiction with
    our claims of better statistical treatment of data.