heliocentric & galactocentric redshifts

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 13:23:20 PST

    Can somebody confirm for me:

    The redshifts quoted in the Hamuy 1996 and Riess 1999 papers are
    *heliocentric* redshifts.

    Those are the z's you want to use for (1+z) purposes on the time axis of
    lightcurve fits, and for generating K-corrections. However, for
    plotting on the Hubble diagram and cosmology fits, properly one would
    prefer galactocentric redshifts. Did we do the conversion for our last
    paper? If so, I need to do that; I haven't yet. (Does anybody have a
    quick-n-dirty tool that takes RA/Dec/helio-z and spits out galacto-z?)