no Subaru time in this spring

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 00:07:13 PST

    Dear all,

    Unfortunately our proposal for the final
    reference of Subaru spring SNe was not approved.

    There are basically two items pointed out by referees.
    1) no publications to Journals
    2) little quantitative estimates
    We have to admit at least partially that referees'
    comments make sense. We will revise the proposal
    for Fall run.

    In any case SNe taken with Subaru in spring and have HST
    light curves are, I think, the following 5. I just used e-mails
    for the HST schedule, so I might be wrong. Could somebody check
    this?

     2002ff S02-032 1.1 SS4
     2002fe S02-002 1.086 SS2
     2001cw 0.93 15h23m06.31s +29d39'32"
     2002fc S02-049 0.88 SS1
     2002fg S02-075 0.79 SDFcenter

    We have an imaging run for SDF center in March as a part of
    the Observatory project, and we will automatically get the
    final reference for 2002fg.

    We will try to get extra telescope time, but are not sure
    if we can get i'-band photometry this season.

    -Mamoru

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy
    School of Science