Re: Follow-up question for tonight's ISAAC observing plan...Re: no CISCO observations on Nov.14

From: Chris Lidman (clidman@eso.org)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:43:34 PST

    Dear Saul,
       This is a difficult call. SuF02-071, which, given its magnitude, probably

    needs clear conditions. However, given the priority of our program relative
    to other programs, I do not think we can get 10 hours of clear time on this
    object over the next few nights. We may have to accept thin cirrus to get
    any data at all. Since the object is faint, I am pessimistic about our
    chance
    on getting useful data on this target.

       SuF02-019 and SuF02-001 are brighter and can be done with some cirrus.

       As it currently stands, I have asked SuF02-071 to be observed in clear
    conditions
    and the other SNe to be observed in thin cirrus. The alternative is to
    accept thin
    cirrus for Suf02-071 and put this as the highest priority target.

    Cheers, Chris.