Re: problem with lightcurves?

From: Michael Wood-Vasey (wmwood-vasey@lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 00:14:29 PST

    Dear Tony, Saul, and Peter,

    I think things are fine w.r.t the lightcurves. Binning by day mislead
    us into thinking we could tell more from the lightcurves than we
    really can.

    Specifically, SuF02-060 has one high point that pulls up the binned
    value for the first night.

    Perhaps it will be more helpful to look at the plots for all of the
    images from each night. I had been plotting the binned data at Rob's
    suggestion, but I've now provide both for all of the candidates in
    question:

    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-007-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-012-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-017-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-060-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-061-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-065-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-071-i_all.eps
    http://supernova.lbl.gov/~wwoodvas/f2002/SuF02-081-i_all.eps

    [and if I've missed any this time in the above list, I assume you
    can figure out the pattern, '*i.eps' for binned-by-day plots,
    '*i_all.eps' for plots with the value in each indivicual image given.]

    These plots give a much better idea about how uncertain we are about
    the measured fluxes.

     - Michael