Re: Updated summary chart -- with some likely HST choices...

From: Andy Howell (DAHowell@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 17:29:22 PST

    Ok, I have added SuF02-056 from Gemini, added -017 from VLT, fixed my
    broken links,
    and made sure that every SN (except 028, which is worthless) has a
    postscript comparison
    from either me or Lifan.

    Can someone *please* send me the data for -071. I don't know what to
    think about it without
    seeing the data. I also still need the data from the last night of
    Keck. None of these things were in
    the data Lifan sent.

    Now my thoughts on Saul's suggestions. I pretty much agree with Peter.

    071: I don't like this one because Lifan's fits match at z=0.9, not at
    z=0.928 where the galaxy lines
    are. His fits close to 0.93 are very bad. See #21-24 on:
    http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/data/spec/homesp/2002/SuF/Calesi2040l_50Asmooth.ps

    060: a very bad candidate from the spectrum. The wiggles match at
    z=0.8 as well as at z=1, and
    neither is particularly convincing. We don't know whether it is a Ia or
    even the redshift
    for certain. If it really is an Elliptical galaxy though, that could
    put this one over the top..

    065: Also not convincing, but I think it is slightly better than 071 or
    060.

    017: If the Si that Peter is talking about is not a smoothing artifact,
    then this one is a good candidate.

    007: Uncertain redshift, uncertain ID. Hard to justify it.

    012: Again, uncertain redshift, uncertain ID.

    061: haven't seen the data, but it seems like there must be no SN light
    there.

    -Andy