Gemini data

From: Isobel Hook (imh@astro.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 06:43:02 PST

    Hi all,
     We finally got a good block of Gemini data tonight. We observed for most
    of the time that our targets were above airmass 2, in good seeing (~0.6")
    and good transparency.

    It was all a bit of a rush to get targets ready since we weren't really
    expecting to be observing until midnight, so the data reduction hasn't
    progressed very far. A quick summary:

    060: SN candidate is red and probably has H&K at z=1.062. That's right on
         the gap between the GMOS detectors so its hard to tell.
         Neighbor galaxy has z=0.445.
    076/073 : We observed these together but only saw a trace for 073.
         076 was too faint to see even on the acquisition image and I was
         not very confident of the setup. We did an hour here so we'd at least
         get something on 073 and then moved on. Data hasn't been looked at.
    J01 : This was faint but clear on the acquisition image. We did not see a
        trace in individual exposures but I'm confident the setup was good and
        will stack the data tomorrow. We took 4x1800s using Nod & Shuffle.

    For info, we cannot observe 082 with Gemini (no guide star). Tomorrow I
    will let you know what our time status is, when I've talked to the queue
    planners.

    Isobel. (& Eric)