Re: Updated candidate matches between Berkeley and Hawaii

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 04:48:37 PST

    On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:45:59PM +0900, Mamoru Doi wrote:

    > We are in the middle of SXDS_1 observations
    > (seeing ~ 0.60aecsec), and we
    > will start obs. of SXDS_5 in 15min.
    >
    > Do you really need special dithering patterns
    > for the first two exposures? We are having 8x5min
    > exposures.
    >
    > Since the default dithering pattern is determined
    > by the SXDS team, it is very difficult for us
    > to ask a special pattern.
    >
    > Could you tell me the reason?

    We will be OK without special dithering patterns.

    The reason was just filling in the "holes" where we had omitted images
    due to bad seeing. If only a few images were to be taken, that would be
    best.

    How many exposures are they going to take? If it's more than five or
    so, then the specific dithering pattern doesn't matter at all-- it's
    best if they just repeat what they did previous nights-- in other words,
    thesame size of dithers and roughly same directions, but in whatever
    order they want to do them.