Re: Updated candidate matches between Berkeley and Hawaii

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 04:45:59 PST

    Hello Rob,

    We choose SXDS_1 and SXDS_5.

    We are in the middle of SXDS_1 observations
    (seeing ~ 0.60aecsec), and we
    will start obs. of SXDS_5 in 15min.

    Do you really need special dithering patterns
    for the first two exposures? We are having 8x5min
    exposures.

    Since the default dithering pattern is determined
    by the SXDS team, it is very difficult for us
    to ask a special pattern.

    Could you tell me the reason?

    -Mamoru

    >> Are these numbers in acrmin?
    >> What direction are 1st and 2nd values mean.
    >> East/West and North/South?
    >> Or North/South and East/West?
    >> And which direction is positive?
    >
    >If it's not too late---
    >
    >Yes, just RA/Dec arcmin, East and North positive as usual.
    >
    >-Rob

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy
    School of Science