Re: Gemini tomorrow

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 05:10:33 PST

    Hi Rob,

    We are talking about possible confusion of PS files
    for the finding chart of SuF02-002.

    The position of SuF02-002 given in the list of SNTrack is
    (02:17:12.3 -04:55:09.5) (2000)
    We also found a candidate at this position. But we noticed
    that this area doesn't match the finding chart for SuF02-002.

    The finding chart of SuF02-002 show the image cutout for a
    different object. In the finding chart, the position for
    SuF02-060 in the list of SNT (2:17:34.48, -04:53:47.35) (2000)
    is given.

    -Mamoru

    >On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:37:03PM +0900, Mamoru Doi wrote:
    >> One thing we noticed during our comparison is that
    >> the finding chart for SuF02-002 is not for the coordinate
    >> in the SN Track table. Could someone check this?
    >
    >How different are they?
    >
    >For our candidates, finding chart coordinates usually are to be better
    >trusted, since the astrometry solution has been vetted and inspected.
    >The offsets on the finding charts should be good to a fairly small
    >fraction of an arcsecond (probably 0.2"?). However, I believe that this
    >time around we were more careful about making usre we had "OK"
    >photometry solutions in before doing the search, so the differences
    >shouldn't be more than a couple of arcseconds.
    >
    >-Rob
    >
    >--
    >--Prof. Robert Knop
    > Department of Physics & Astronomy, Vanderbilt University
    > robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu

    Mamoru Doi
    Institute of Astronomy
    School of Science