Re: Gemini tomorrow

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 04:56:04 PST

    On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:37:03PM +0900, Mamoru Doi wrote:
    > One thing we noticed during our comparison is that
    > the finding chart for SuF02-002 is not for the coordinate
    > in the SN Track table. Could someone check this?

    How different are they?

    For our candidates, finding chart coordinates usually are to be better
    trusted, since the astrometry solution has been vetted and inspected.
    The offsets on the finding charts should be good to a fairly small
    fraction of an arcsecond (probably 0.2"?). However, I believe that this
    time around we were more careful about making usre we had "OK"
    photometry solutions in before doing the search, so the differences
    shouldn't be more than a couple of arcseconds.