SN colors

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 09:46:10 PDT

    The SN color curves I've come up with are at:

      http://brahms.phy.vanderbilt.edu/~rknop/sn1acolors/

    Username and password each "hizsn" as usual.

    Note that what I did is slightly different. I tried to do a ridgeline
    fit (as described) to remove extinction for everything except U-B (where
    there are too few supernovae with which to do a ridgeline, and I used
    the Phillips extinction values-- but U-B gets special treatment in any
    event). The plots I have on that page do *not* have host E(B-V) applied
    anywhere, so the fit you see should "look" like a ridgeline fit.

    Also, I was trying to get the stretch/color dependence, analogous to
    what we assumed for the 42SNe paper, but at all epochs.