draft of "Hosts" paper to review

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 12:30:41 PDT

    SCP collaborators:

    Mark Sullivan and Richard Ellis have a draft of their paper "The Hubble
    Diagram of Type Ia Supernovae as a Function of Host Galaxy Morphology"
    that is ready for collaboration final review. (It has gone through an
    "internal" review by Greg Aldering.").

    The paper is available at
    http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/papers/ (usual password. Contact me if
    you need a reminder.)

    *** Collaborators are asked to review this and send comments to Mark
    (mark.sullivan@durham.ac.uk) by Tuesday Aug 13, two weeks from today.

    If there are corrections or questions regarding the author list, please
    send them to me (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov). Changes will be reviewed by the
    SCP executive committee. The intention has been to follow the SCP
    Collaboration rules (below).

    -Tony Spadafora

    From SCP rules:

    I.2 Authorship
    I.2.1 The author list for collaboration papers (as described below) is
          assumed to include the members of the collaboration board, except for
          niche collaboration members.

    I.2.2 Niche collaboration members will be authors at the discretion of
          their group leaders (if appropriate) and by agreement of the executive
          committee. Such inclusion will depend on the relevance of the niche
          collaboration member's role to the particular paper. (Some niche
          member roles, of course, maybe relevant to all papers.) Niche
          collaboration members are strongly encouraged to clarify their
          specific authorship expectations in advance.

    I.2.3 Members outside the collaboration board, such as affiliate
          members and students, may also be included on author lists at
          the discretion of their group leaders (if applicable) and the
          exec committee. Such inclusion will depend on the relevance of
          said individual's role to the particular paper. Such individuals
          are encouraged to clarify their specific authorship expectations
          in advance.

    I.2.4 Inactive members are assumed to be authors on papers that came out
    of
          their active period of participation.

    I.1.5.a Collaboration board
      A subset of the members form a collaboration board. The
      collaboration board consists of faculty, staff scientist members of
      the collaboration and Postdocs who have been members for more than a
      year. Niche members are not included in the collaboration board by
      default but may be invited to participate at the discretion of the
      executive committee.

    --
    Tony Spadafora                                ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
    Physics Division                              Tel: (510) 495-2316