Re: IDL licenses in Berkeley

From: Michael Wood-Vasey (wmwood-vasey@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 08:58:27 PDT

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:41:02AM -0500, Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:
> > we are currently having problems accessing the LBL IDL
> > licenses from Stockholm:
>
> The host that runs the licence manager is having serious problems; the
> disk array that holds the home disks has gone belly up. I don't know
> how long it will take them to get it running again out there.

The server is now back up in a limited. IDL licenses will work again.
Remote users who are borrowing SCP IDL licenses should now be able to
work.

For LBL users, IDL itself will work, but none of the SCP routines and
utilities are available and you won't be able to interact with
images loaded into the database in more than a very basic way.
This is why I said previously that IDL wouldn't be usable.

 - Michael